Monday, March 28, 2005

Coldfusion, RSS, and Aggregators

Question: I have a section that is called news. Currently I'm adding contributors to this section as required. I have run into many web sites, which allow you to grab or aggregate XML RSS feeds and host them on a web site. This is what I would like to do on my site. I have access to Coldfusion. So here is my question.

1. Is this software that must be programmed, or can I download programs or scripts for no charge?

2. I assume I would copy the http://xxxxxx/rss.xml feed to this page and output the news stories dynamically from the sources.

Answer: There is a really good tutorial on how to setup the feeds and the RSS located at www.easycfm.com. It's a great tutorial and you will be up and running in no time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home