Friday, March 04, 2005

Photoshop: Brush Tool and Color Overlap

Question: I'm using Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0. When I select the brush tool and try to color something it works fine, however, when I stop coloring and let up on the mouse and start to color again, the mouse moves into an already colored section and makes the overlap darker. Everytime I color in an already colored spot it makes it darker yet. My layer is on multiply but it does it in normal mode also. Is everything ok or am I doing something wrong.

Answer: The brush behaviour you're describing is normal. That's the way painting with the brush works; it's as if you are applying a second coat of paint. You just have to avoid overlapping. If anyone knows a way to avoid this happening, I would be very interested to know about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home