Friday, March 18, 2005

Remove Image From Photos

I got this question from a new Photoshop user.

I'm wondering if there are any tips on how to cut images out of photos?

I saw a picture where a person had been taken out of one picture and placed in another. I asked how they did it but they acted like it was a big secret and would not tell me. I can do well, but when it comes to cutting around the hair I have a difficult time.

Start off looking for information about the "Extract" filter the Photoshop Help. That will get you started, but the answer to all your problems as far as cutting (masking) and Pasting (compositing) is the book "Photoshop Masking and Compositing" by Katrin Eismann published by New Riders... about $38 from Amazon. This book will tell you all the techniques and secrets to extracting an image from a background including hair and translucent objects such as smoke, etc. If you work along with this book using the on line site, you will become very proficient with extracting images, but you have to put in the time and practice, practice, practice.

All of Katrin Eismann's books are excellent, but they assume at least a basic knowledge of PS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home