Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Coldfusion Page Breaks

One CF page contains several document sections (i.e. Index, Content I, Content II, etc, and Appendix). Is there a way (in CF or something else) to put "print break" so that each section can be printed separate, not as one long document?

<div style="print-break-after:always"> </div>
But this will not work in all browsers, most current ones though.

This works fine on IE 6, which is my users are using.

<style type="text/css">
P.breakhere {page-break-before: always}
</style>
<p class="breakhere">

I am not sure if there is a CSS or something else to skip certain pages, when being printed, which will save some trees. I have some pages that I do not want to print.

<style type="text/css" media="print">
.doNotPrint {display:none}
</style>

Apply this style to those areas that you do not want to print out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home