Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Underwater Filter

I have received questions pertaining on how to render an image so that it appears to have been taken under water.

Here is how you can achieve this effect.

Filter -> Distort -> Ocean Ripple
Filter -> Distort -> Glass (use frosted).

For pond effects, and water drops, try creating a soft edge circle and using the Filter -> Distort -> Zig Zag filter. This was in a tutorial in photoshop user last month. Bert Monroy went through this technique.

In the cases above I would first duplicate the image layer, then apply the filters to the duplicate layer, and play with the blending modes/opacity of the top -- duplicate -- layer.


Post a Comment

<< Home